Tips for Growing Long Hair
Category | THESAVVYBEAUTY.COM
Are you wanting to have beautiful, healthy, long hair? Are you willing to change some of your current habits to get luscious locks? It may surprise you, but many of the modern hair care tools are actually killing or hurting your hair every time you use them.
Tools that seem so normal to us (blow dryers, straighteners, curlers, etc.) can give you a fab look one minute but limit and restrict the potential growth opportunity of your strands. The tips below will save you a lot of time and encourage your more creative side in finding some hair care alternatives.
1. Give your hair a trim every 4-6 weeks
2. Don’t pull your hair out with your brush, gently work knots out to the best of your ability
3. Reduce/ eliminate the amount of heat applied to your hair (blow dryer, straightener, curling iron)
4. Try sulfate free shampoo like CVS Brazilian Keratin Straightening Conditioner for $5.99 on CVS.com
5. Protect your hair by wearing in a loose ponytail or high bun
6. Keep away from heavy dyes and bleach – try coloured extensions instead
6. Avoid heat styling, try using more traditional methods like hair rollers
There are also really cool DIY hair masks you can use to encourage hair growth, such as:
The Egg Mask
This has been used in cultures around the world because it contains high levels of proteins which help in the formation of new hair. It is also rich in sulphur, zinc, iron, selenium, phosphorus and iodine.
How To Make It:
Take the white of 1 egg
Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and honey to it
Mix it all well to form a smooth paste
Apply it all over your hair carefully and leave for 20 minutes
Rinse with cool water and shampoo it off
Hair steaming is great for your hair. It is a deep conditioning treatment that makes hair soft, stops hair breakage, retains moisture and conditions scalp. Steam treatments are beneficial for all hair types but most beneficial for dry or damaged hair. Once or twice a month massage your hair with coconut oil for about 5-10 minutes in circular motion using your finger tips and finish off with a hair steam treatment.
Benefits include promoting hair growth, stopping hair breakage, adding moisture, leaves hair soft and smooth, makes hair stronger and healthier, wards off dryness, brittleness and breakage and improves overall hair health.
1. Dunk a towel in a bowl of hot water
2. Squeeze out the access water
3. Wrap the wet warm towel around your hair
4. Cover with a shower cap and leave for 30 minutes
It is that easy! You could invest in a hair steamer but it seems unnecessary unless you have the extra cash and really want to.
Or you can opt for products which have been reported to promote hair growth such as hair oils containing biotin & collagen, castor oil, coconut oil, vitamin E oil or tea tree oil.
Now you are on the road to growing healthy, beautiful hair! Pair that with a great face cleansing routine and body care system and you are set. I love the Equate Strikingly Unique Moisturizing Lotion available on Walmart.com for $9.96 (on rollback!) for my daily facial moisturizer. It is for dry or combination skin and extremely affordable. This is the dupe for a Clinique facial moisturizer with the exact same ingredients. How can you go wrong girl!
For more beauty tips & tricks visit The Savvy Beauty