What to Pack for a Weekend Away
Category | LIFESTYLE
Image by Vivatramp
As the autumn rolls along we are approaching Thanksgiving and many people will be travelling home to be with their friends and family. This is such a special time of year and we know that many of you want to just be home, without the trouble of packing, booking a flight or hotel, and all the hassle that goes along with it. We hope to make your weekend holiday a little smoother with our essential list of what to pack for a weekend away.
- Wallet, ID card, cash and credit
- Any travel documents required for your trip (passport, confirmation numbers, flight tickets, etc.)
- Phone and charger
- 2 tops or a shirt and a jumper – depending on weather and itinerary
- 2 bottoms
- 1 piece of knitwear
- 1 or 2 pieces for evening wear
- Day and night bag
- Coat/ jacket
- 3 days of underwear (just in case)
- 3 pairs of socks
- 2 pairs of shoes (flats and fancy)
- 1 pj top and bottom
If you are going somewhere hot than you would pack accordingly to the climate. Things like bathing suit, tank tops, shorts, flip flops, etc. would be included. This also goes for much colder climates where winter attire would be necessary. Account for mitts, hats, scarves, ski pants, etc. in this case). Obviously you will bring the basics and then whatever you require beyond that to suite the weather of your travel destination.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hairbrush and comb
- Shampoo, conditioner, and dry shampoo like Equate Beauty Pure Cornstarch Baby Powder from Walmart for $2.96.
- Shower gel or wash. We love Image Essentials Moisturizing Body Washfrom kmart.com.
- Deodorant and perfume
- Skin care – this includes moisturizer, cleanser, toner, makeup remover, wrinkle serums, corrector pens and all your cosmetics. OMG this may be your largest section yet! Try Studio35Beauty Oil-Free Witch Hazel Toner/Cleanser on walgreens.com for $4.29. This is perfect because you can reduce the amount you bring by finding convenient 2-in-1 products.
- Feminine hygiene products
- Razor, shave gel or cream
- Body lotion
- Gadgets (iPad, iPod, Tablet, laptops, kindles, etc.)
- Chargers, batteries
- Word find, crossword, sodoku, or other entertaining games
We hope this list will help you plan for your exciting weekend trip and take a little extra off your plate. This is pretty basic so anything above and beyond will be included as well. Oh, and don’t forget all the kids/baby stuff if they are travelling with you.
Happy travels! For more beauty tips & tricks visit The Savvy Beauty.